- Large piece of heavy cardboard or plastic foam for the base
- Assortment of cardboard boxes to form the levels of the garden
- Heavy-duty tape to tape the boxes together
- Modeling clay – white
- Acrylic paint – blue & green
- Piece of plastic greenery that has many small removable pieces on it
- Coat hanger
- Wire cutter to cut the coat hanger
- Make the basic shape of the varying levels with the assorment of boxes that you have.
- Tape them together securely with heavy-duty tape
- Tape the boxes securely to the base
- Cover the entire area of the boxes with white modeling clay
- Remove many small pieces of greenery from the large piece. Shorten if necessary. Place in rows in the modeling clay while the clay is still soft, securing with a small mound of clay at the base of each piece of greenery (tree).
- Paint the green grass in rows.
- Paint the blue waterfall, stream, and pond of water.
- Cut the coat hanger to make the irrigation line to take water to the top level. Bend the coat hanger two inches from the end at a 90 angle to make the coat hanger not touch the ground. Do this on both ends of the coat hanger. Secure both ends of the coat hanger to the project with a mound of modeling clay.
- Touch up with paint where necessary.